Practical advice, information and support for all tourism and hospitality businesses available on the internet and useful links to training and skills organisations:
- VisitEngland - the country’s national tourist board. Its role is to market and grow the value of tourism by working in partnership with the industry and to give advice to tourism and hospitality businesses and their visitors.
- VisitBritain is Britain's national tourism agency, responsible for marketing Britain overseas. They work with thousands of organisations in the UK and overseas to market Britain successfully to visitors from around the world. They also work to promote the tourism industry within the UK itself.
- Quality in Tourism - (QiT) is the assessment service provided for VisitEngland. With a field force of over 60 experienced assessors and a highly dedicated in-house team they carry out the assessments and handle the administration of the national quality assessment schemes on behalf of VisitEngland. Over 23,000 accommodation businesses are assessed annually across eleven different schemes, making VisitEngland (in conjunction with Quality in Tourism) the largest provider of quality assessment in England.
- Accommodation Know-How - VisitBritain's widely respected online resource for tourism accommodation businesses. It provides straightforward help and advice to help you unravel the complexities of legislation that affect your business as well as guidance on marketing and resolving common problems.
- Northern Tourism Alliance - The leading destination management organisations and associations in the North East have come together to form the Northern Tourism Alliance and will carry on some of the important work previously undertaken by One North East. This will mean a shared voice for the tourism industry; a clear direction for the sustainable and balanced development of the visitor economy; and the collection of data and intelligence to underpin the competitive performance of the industry.
- UK Skills Passport - A free guide to success in hospitality, leisure, travel and tourism. Providing information about careers, jobs, qualifications, funding and more.
- People First - Sector skills council for hospitality, leisure, travel and tourism providing information on strategic work to transform skills and reform qualifications. Support and latest news for employers and employees in the sector.
- The Institute of Hospitality - The professional body for managers - and aspiring managers - working in the hospitality, leisure and tourism industries.