Visit County Durham Partnership Charter
Businesses that have an involvement with or interest in tourism in Durham are welcome to join Visit County Durham Partnership.
To become a Visit County Durham Partner, businesses and organisations must sign up to the following Charter conditions where applicable to your business:
- Support the positive promotion of Durham – to ensure the positive promotion of Durham and enhance the reputation of the county to our visitors and work positively and proactively with the Board, staff and representatives of Visit County Durham.
- Legal Requirements – To meet and maintain all current legal obligations and responsibilities (food safety/hygiene; fire precautions and risk assessment; price display orders; licensing; health & safety; discrimination; trading standards; data protection; Hotel Proprietors Act; public liability cover).
- Accessibility – To give due consideration to the requirements of customers with disabilities and their access needs, and to maintain an Access Statement.
- Discrimination – to welcome all customers courteously and without discrimination in relation to gender, sexual orientation, disability, race, religion or belief.
- Quality & Standards – to maintain fit for the purposes intended, appropriate facilities, maintenance and cleanliness. Where appropriate we recommend that businesses seek to gain a national accreditation:
Information – To provide accurate, appropriate and accessible information on facilities, location, prices, taxes, methods of payment, packaged items and extra charges; to maintain a Cancellations Policy that is accessible to customers at each stage of the process, from pre-booking to post-departure.
It is the responsibility of the business to ensure that all data is correct, image permissions are granted on all data and images supplied to Visit County Durham for use in both print and electronic publication, and data usage permissions are understood as stated in the Visit County Durham Publishing Terms and Conditions – you can view these terms and conditions by clicking here.
Customer Satisfaction – to have a clear and available statement on delivering outstanding customer satisfaction; to have a Complaints Policy and to implement it in a timely and effective manner; to resolve any issues that may arise by prompt, professional and polite action.
Sustainability – to manage your business in a way that supports the natural environment to minimise carbon footprint; to actively source and encourage the use of local produce, businesses and shops where reasonable.
- For accommodation, the stars scheme from VisitEngland (administered by the AA) or the AA
- For attractions, the Visitor Attraction Quality Assurance Scheme (VAQAS)
- For Eating Out venues and food producers, Taste Durham
Visit County Durham reserves the right to refuse or remove a business as a partner if any of the above conditions are not met. No refunds will be given in respect of Partner fees already paid.
Visit County Durham Partnership Terms & Conditions
- All Partnership applications are subject to the approval of Visit County Durham and application does not guarantee acceptance.
- Visit County Durham Partnership is dependent on a subscription fee being paid. This fee is not transferable and non-refundable.
- The Partnership year runs April to March. Renewal reminders will be sent during February.
- Businesses wishing to join after the start of the Partnership year will pay the appropriate pro rata fee or £30.00 minimum fee whichever is the greater.
- All invoices are due for payment within 30 days. Should you have a query with an invoice, please contact Visit County Durham immediately. Visit County Durham reserves the right to suspend Partnership and associated benefits until full payment is received, subject to written notice by email to the main contact given at the time of application.
- If Partnership lapses, businesses agree to remove any reference to Visit County Durham partnership, such as logos and window stickers, immediately from all publicity materials and public areas.
- Partners are provided with the services laid out by Visit County Durham in the description of Partnership benefits. Partners may be charged a fee for such services and be subject to additional terms and conditions. Visit County Durham reserves the right to refuse or remove such services without assigning any reason.